Facebook CEO, Mark Zuckerberg, has confirmed that as a way to celebrate the importance of creators in regards to driving so much of the passion and creativity across Instagram and Facebook, his company is investing $1 billion pounds into monetising creators throughout 2022.
As Facebook continues to build its creative tools such as Live Audio Rooms and Bulletin, as well as monetisation products like Stars and affiliate, it also wants to reward creators, especially newcomers, for creating content that is valuable to both the Facebook and Instagram communities.
The $1 billion investment will include new bonus programmes that pay eligible creators for hitting certain milestones when they use Facebook’s creative tools, as well as providing seed funding for creators to produce their content. Facebook wants to aid as many creators as possible to find sustainable, long-term success on its apps.
The first bonus income opportunities on Facebook are available now through invitation, they include:
- In-Stream bonus pays an earnings bonus over the next four months to select video creators using in-stream ads.
- Stars bonus: The Stars Challenges programme is expanding to include select gaming creators. Participating video and gaming creators will receive a monthly bonus for hitting specific Stars milestones over the next three months.
Coming to Instagram via invitation is a unique selection of bonuses to reward creators for signing up for IGTV ads and using badges in Live and Reels. These will include:
- The IGTV ads bonus, available now to creators in the US, allowins creators to earn a one-time bonus for signing up for IGTV ads, which enables them to earn a share of revenue when ads run during their videos.
- The badges in Live bonus, available now to creators in 11 countries, rewards creators when they meet certain milestones with badges, such as going Live with another account.
- The Reels Summer bonus, launching in the coming weeks to creators in the US, will pay creators for creating great Reels content on Instagram. Creators can find the Reels summer bonus in the new Bonuses section of the Instagram app and will earn based on how their reels perform.
Over the coming months, we will continue to look at how the new bonuses are being rolled out, and how creators are engaging with them to increase their income and build on their loyalty to Facebook and Instagram.